Monday, May 11, 2009

What is the proper ratio of blue to red to make violet?

I just trashed a whole bunch of paint only to come up with a weird sorta terracota color. I know its not a 1:1 ratio (assuming primary colors).... anyone have a clue?





Thank you so much!

What is the proper ratio of blue to red to make violet?
It all depends of what brand of paints you use, and what hue of blue and red, there are thousands, and then you have to find which blue, Cobalt, Thalo, Ultramarine, or the reds, Cadmium, Deep, Medium, Etc, The fun of painting and creating Art is exactly that...Experiment, and feel, try, conquer and fail, achieve and grow, Ahhh the fun of it.


Plese be so kind as to go to my 360 and check some of my work, I have Red door, in one of the, that I really really had fun painting, click on maistrouno as well, it is also my work.


See the wonderful violets and reds in this Avatar, I apinted it too.
Reply:Sorry no clue, but what ya painting?


No comments:

Post a Comment