Saturday, November 14, 2009

How do I get my African violet to bloom?

Over watering is a big mistake and they usually don't like to bloom until they are somewhat root bound. Feed it with a fertilizer for blooming plants and water when the dirt is pretty dry. Also water only from the bottom but don't let it sit in a pool of water in a bowl.





Bright light but not direct sun is the best

How do I get my African violet to bloom?
I know they like bright light and a warm temperature. They also need a particular fertilizer. Oh and don't get water on the leaves. They are quite particular plants and I've never had much luck with them.





I believe that there is specific fertilizer made just for these pretty little bloomers. Try this page for more information on the particular fertilizer to use. http://www.ext.vt.edu/departments/enviro...





Good luck!


Jill Marie
Reply:Set plant in front of a South facing window , water when dirt becomes dry to the touch .


No comments:

Post a Comment