Monday, November 16, 2009

My African violet dries up too quickly?

I have three pots of Africa violets. i had them for 2weeks now, they are all fine and beautifully bloomed. But one of the pots is really dry. i tried watering it from the top (not touching the leaves) but it didn't work. so this morning, I put the pot in the bowl of water and let it sit for about 10 min. The soil feels little wet now. Do you think it'll work or do you think i gave it too much water?

My African violet dries up too quickly?
I am not a horticulturalist, nor a self-proclaimed expert, but I am familiar with african violet.





My grandmother successfully keeps them by watering them through the bottom tray once a week. She fills it up and dumps out any water that hasn't soaked up by the end of the day. Once every month or so she adds a bit of fertilizer to the water.





This way may not be the "recommended" way, but my nan has had the most beautiful and healthy african violets for decades!





Happy watering!
Reply:They will do better in plastic pots. Water from the top hold over the sink and wait till the water comes out the drain hole. Then feel the top a the plant a few days later and see if it is dry again. you might also sit on a bed of rocks and water in a saucer and keep the moisture content up. No really bright sun, you will burn them, East is the best.

Hepatitis C Test

No comments:

Post a Comment