Thursday, May 20, 2010

Black finned shark and violet goby compatible?

I was sold a black finned shark and a violet goby(as a Dragonfish) both as FW tropicals, neither stated longer than 8 - 10 inches. I have since discoved both are BW - marine water and will get quite a bit bigger. My question is are these 2 fish compatible. I still have the BF in a fresh environment as (he's?) still tiny - 1 1/2 in and the goby was changed over within 2 weeks. (he?) is already approx. 9 in. Fed mostly freeze dried shrimp and bloodworms - seems to thrive on them. I am hoping to acclimate the BF to BW and house them together?

Black finned shark and violet goby compatible?
I think they should be okay together. The dragon will not bother the shark at all, and the shark is fairly small at this point, so probably won't bother the dragon. As the shark grows, however, he may become a problem. Make sure you provide plenty of hiding places for the goby - fake plants, etc. He'll also burrow into a soft substrate like sand if need be.





You're correct in that both will prefer brackish water and can live in full marine.
Reply:I have never had trouble with either being aggressive towards one another. however give fair chance and don't put a tiny fish in with big ones.

asics golf shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment